A Napervillian Through and Through
As a child growing up in Naperville, I can recall being amazed at progress being made throughout the city. A perfect example is the area that comprises the Riverwalk. I can remember the rundown parking lots, the old reclamation center, the electric department and the lumber yard that once was the landscape of Water Street. Seeing the Riverwalk come to life through the efforts of local contractors, all volunteering their time and materials, I learned a great lesson about our community and myself—the importance of civic responsibility and the possibilities of community. See my photo gallery to see me out and about in Naperville.
Sixth generation Napervillian who was born and raised in Naperville, I work to embody Naperville’s spirit of community volunteerism. I’m a graduate of the Naperville North High School Class of 1983 and an attendee of the College of DuPage. A plumber by trade, I have worked in the industry since 1987. Outside of plumbing, I enjoy golf, kayaking, softball, running and biking. My election to Naperville’s City Council in 2009 capped off decades of service to this City.
Advocate for Communities
A strong advocate for communities celebrating and retaining their heritage and history, I am proud to be a part of Naperville’s legacy as well as its future. I have given of my time on Naperville’s Advisory Commission on Disabilities, Naper Settlement Board, Naperville Special Events Committee, Citizens Appreciate Public Safety (CAPS), Naperville Healing Fields and Naperville Plan Commission. I have also served as a Naperville Area Homeowners Confederation Director; Westside Homeowners Association president; and a Board Member for Crime Stoppers, Naper Bridge/Alive, Community Alliance for Prevention and Community First. I have been a key influencer on several stakeholder and work groups, including the Naperville Comprehensive Transportation Plan, Washington Street Corridor Study and Downtown DuPage River Trail.
- Councilman, Naperville City Council
- City of Naperville Plan Commission
- City of Naperville Advisory Commission on Disabilities, Board Member
- City of Naperville Special Events Committee, Board Member
- City of Naperville CAPS (Citizens Appreciate Public Safety) Committee, Board Member
- Crime Stoppers Board Member
- Naper Bridge/Alive, Board Member
- Community Alliance for Prevention, Board Member
- Community First, Founding Member and Board Member
- Naper Settlement Board
- Naperville Healing Fields and Naperville Plan Commission (2012 Commissioner)
- Naperville Area Homeowners Confederation Director
- Westside Homeowners Association President
- City of Naperville Comprehensive Transportation Plan Work Group
- Washington St. Corridor Study Stakeholder Group
- Downtown DuPage River Trail Stakeholder Group
- Centennial Park Skate Park Facility Citizen Committee
- Conservation Foundation Member and Annual Participant of the DuPage River Sweep
- Centennial Beach 75th and Naperville Park District 40th Anniversary Aquathon Committee
- Naperville 175th Birthday Heritage Committee and Co-chair of the Electric Light Parade
- Naperville 175th Birthday Unity Committee, Area Captain
Great City. Our City.
Naperville is not just a great city, it’s our city. I have been honored to follow in the footsteps of past city leaders over the years as we worked to further improve Naperville and it’s neighborhoods. I look forward to continuing in my current role as a member of Naperville’s City Council. Please be sure to vote for me, Paul Hinterlong, on April 2, 2019.